Welcome to the Conference Live 2015 site for the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR). This website, nar2015.wpengine.com and its sub-domains (the Site), is operated by NAR.
1. Identification of users. In order to post content to the Site (User-generated content), you are required to provide your name and email address for identification purposes. You agree to provide accurate identification information and not to impersonate another user, person, or entity. The identification information will be used by NAR to identify the source of a comment. NAR will not use or distribute your email address for any other reason without your permission.
2. Use of the Site. You may use the Site only for your personal, non-commercial use. You agree not to take any action that would disrupt of interfere with the normal use of the Site by other users. NAR may at any time, in its sole discretion, terminate, limit, or suspend your access to the commenting capability of the Site without notice or liability for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, your breach of these Terms.
3. User-generated content. NAR encourages meaningful exchange on the Site on issues involving the NAR 2015 Conference & Expo, REALTORS®, and real estate. NAR aims to post all user-generated content unless it contains language or other material that NAR, in its sole discretion, considers inappropriate; promotes illegal activity; is not relevant to the content being addressed; is a commercial endorsement or advertisement; or infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party.
You agree to use the Site only for lawful purposes and not to post any defamatory, libelous, threatening, obscene, sexually explicit, harassing, abusive, profane, or irrelevant content. You agree not to post any advertising, promotional, or other type of solicitation. NAR reserves the right, but does not have any obligation, to refuse, move, or remove any material submitted to the Site for any reason and to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the Site.
You may report improper content by sending an email to email@example.com.
4. User representations and warranties. By posting content to the Site, you represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to that content, including without limitation, all the rights necessary for you to provide, post, upload, distribute, input, or submit the content, or that your use of the content is a fair use. You agree that you will not knowingly provide materially false or misleading information.
You understand and acknowledge that REALTOR®, REALTORS®, REALTOR-ASSOCIATE®, the REALTOR® Block “R” logo, REALTOR.com, and REALTOR.org are trademarks, service marks, membership marks, and/or logos of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®. All NAR trademarks, service marks, membership marks, and logos appearing on the Site are the property of NAR and all rights in those trademarks, service marks, membership marks, and logos are reserved. Members of NAR using any of the membership marks are bound by and agree to follow the rules and regulations governing use of those marks to assure proper usage. The rules and regulations are available at: http://www.realtor.org/letterLw.nsf/pages/TrademarkLogoRules.
5. Ownership of content. The Site contains a combination of content that NAR creates, its partners create, and its users create. Any and all content on the Site, including but not limited to text, comments, images, video, graphs, and multimedia files is protected by applicable copyright and trademark laws and is owned by NAR or the party credited as the provider of the content. NAR does not claim ownership of user-generated content.
6. Nonexclusive license. By posting or submitting content to the Site, you grant NAR, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and third-party licensees a nonexclusive perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, sub-licensable, royalty-free license to use, store, display, publish, transmit, transfer, distribute, reproduce, aggregate your content with other content, create derivative works of, sublicense, and publicly perform the content for any purpose. This license shall apply to the distribution and the storage of your content in any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed.
7. Disclaimers and limitation of liability. NAR disclaims responsibility and liability for the content and opinions expressed by others on the Site including, but not limited to, content or opinions regarding any products or service mentioned on the Site. The Site may contain links to other Internet sites operated by third parties. NAR does not endorse, approve, or guarantee the accuracy of the information on any third-party site.
This Site is provided by NAR on an “as is” and “as available” basis and without any warranty that the Site will meet any particular criteria of performance or quality. NAR makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the usability, condition, or operation of this Site, or that access to or use of the Site will be uninterrupted or error-free, or as to the information, content, or any material included on the Site. You expressly agree that your use of this site is at your sole risk.
You agree that NAR is not liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this Site, including but not limited to, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, and punitive damages.
8. Indemnification. By posting content to the Site, you agree to indemnify and hold NAR harmless from any and all liability, damages, or expenses whatsoever due (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs), directly or indirectly, to any cause of action arising out of your access to or use of the Site, the content you posted, or any actual or alleged violation or breach by you of these Terms.
9. Governing law. These Terms and your use of the Site are governed by and will be interpreted under the laws of the State of Illinois, United States of America, without reference to conflicts of laws and without regard to the location of execution or performance of this Agreement. By using the Site you agree that any and all disputes which may arise and any litigation that may arise from such disputes will be litigated before a court located in the State of Illinois, County of Cook, U.S.A., to the exclusion of the courts of any other country, state, or county.
10. DMCA disclaimer. If you contend that any aspect of the Site infringes on your copyright, pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, Title 17 of the United States Code 512, notice of any claimed copyright infringement should include the following information:
1. A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
2. A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
3. Your address, telephone number, and email address;
4. A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
5. A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the owner of the copyright at issue or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf; and
6. An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright at issue. The notice should be sent to:
c/o Realtors Property Resource
430 N. Michigan Ave.
Chicago, Illinois 60611